Наборный край / A Stretchy, Short-Tail Cast-Onшкола вязания наборный край набор петель эластичный наборный край cast-on
The “Chinese Waitress” – A Stretchy, Short-Tail Cast-On 2. Hold your right-hand needleunder your left hand needle.
Posted on May 1, 2013 by Liat Gat
The Chinese Waitress Cast-On is a beautiful, reversible, and stretchy short-tail cast-on. And it has a great name!
It was taught to Cast On, Bind Off author Cap Sease’s friend by a waitress in a Beijing restaurant.
Not only is this cast-on very stretchy, it also creates a reversible double-chain effect along the bottom edge that is very pretty.
For those of you who are just bored by other cast-ons, this one is for you. It’s different and interesting, but not hard!
Video below the photo tutorial.
1. Start with a slipknot on your needle and a short tail hanging down.
3. Wrap the yarn OVER the left-hand needle and then around behind the right-hand needle as if to knit.
5. Remove the right-hand needle from the stitch and put it back in facing the other way.
7. Bind off one stitch with your fingers. REPEAT step 5.
9. Before putting the last stitch on your needle, bring the yarn to the front of your work. This makes the last stitch look good.
2. Hold your right-hand needleunder your left hand needle.
4. Pull the loop of yarn through.
6. REPEAT steps 3 and 4. You now have 2 stitches on your right-hand needle.
8. Repeat steps 5, 6, and 7 until you have casted on the number of stitches you need.
Tada! The finished cast-on.
I know from the photo tutorial this cast-on seems crazy, but it really is fun. Work along with the video and you’ll get the hang of it.
1. When you go to bind off the stitch, hold the working yarn tight in order to tighten the last stitch on the needle. This makes it easier to bring the other stitch over it and off the needle.
2. Whether or not you knit American style, I suggest you hold the yarn in your right hand for this cast-on. Otherwise it’s not really in the right place and the cast-on will be harder.If you need a quick refresher, here’s an animation of the cast-on:
|Оригинальный размер файла||144664|
|HTML размеры||width="665" height="676"|